[vlc-devel] [RFC] removing legacy threading for Windows

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Wed Apr 23 18:50:26 CEST 2008

	Hello,

On Windows, we have no less than two mutex and three condition variable
implementations, of which only one each are actually _correct_. This clutters
the run-time quite a bit, especially with the inline functions involved.

I'd suggest we remove the legacy/broken spin lock implementations. VLC does
not work on Win9x anymore anyway (bot even counting that Win98 is over 10
years and 4 major releases old, and many years past support).

http://www.remlab.net/