[vlc-devel] Libvlc: problem with vlc_object_find_name()

Tanguy Krotoff tkrotoff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 16:29:52 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Olivier Aubert
<olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr> wrote:
>  but this would imply wrapping the vlc_value_t type system of (internal)
>  VLC  to something that could be exposed through libvlc. Or maybe
>  defining multiple methods
>  like libvlc_instance_set_variable_string, libvlc_instance_set_variable_int, etc (not really nice).

Well, I just want to add functions like
libvlc_video_filter_set_brightness()

The already implemented function libvlc_video_set_teletext()
does this:

vout_thread_t *p_vout = GetVout( p_mi, p_e );
vlc_object_t *p_vbi = (vlc_object_t *) vlc_object_find_name( p_vout, "zvbi",
                                                   FIND_ANYWHERE );

I've tested it and p_vbi is NULL aswell :/

So how can I implement a simple libvlc_video_filter_set_brightness() function?
How can one fix the function libvlc_video_set_teletext()?
There should be a way...

--
Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com>
+33 6 68 42 70 24