[vlc-devel] [patches][ActiveX] FF plugin compatibility

Anthony Loiseau thannoy at actech-innovation.com
Tue Apr 29 16:44:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have generated the three files needed to end this ActiveX patch set
using midl from VisualStudio 2008. You will find them attached (a zipped
patch).

IDL, "widl" (wine cross compiler) and midl (microsoft compiler).
widl was known to break VisualBasic support, so using midl.

Testing:
My windows VLC seems broken currently, both mozilla and ActiveX
sub-project can't find any access modules. For this reason, I have not
successed to test this patch against regression with playback.
I have tested toolbar property get/set and VisualBasic usage but with no
video. (should not be a problem since this patch is not related to
playback)

Question:
I have previously tested VisualBasic with widl too and have not found
incompatibilities using version 0.9.58, except one bug -maybe existing
with widl-: closing a test window app under VB while it contains a
playing ActiveX reboot my power supply.
Maybe widl is now able to not break ActiveX usage with VB. Does someone
can explain what was wrong with older widl-generated files?

NB:
Git will warn about trailing whitespaces applying this patch. Since this
warnings involve generated files I have not corrected them.

regards,
Anthony Loiseau