[vlc-devel] strange English-only string in "About" (translation related)

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Sun Aug 3 12:08:55 CEST 2008

(on Windows)
In Help -> About -> the About tab, one of the string there is
Compiler: gcc version 4.3.2-etc.

My problem is with the "Compiler: " string.
In my .po file there are two instances, "Compiler: %s\n" and "Compiler:
". I translated both, but none shows translated in the About page.

I changed the language to French, relaunched the program, then back to
Auto (which means Romanian in my case).
No difference.
I (re)installed the latest package via the .exe installer, so I could do
a "delete preferences and cache".
No difference.
I launched the program on another computer where previously only
version 0.8.6x was installed.
No difference.

?

Cristi