[vlc-devel] strange English-only string in "About" (translation related)

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Sun Aug 3 15:15:19 CEST 2008

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 13:08:55 +0300, Cristian Secară wrote:

> My problem is with the "Compiler: " string.
> In my .po file there are two instances, "Compiler: %s\n" and
> "Compiler: ". I translated both, but none shows translated in the
> About page.

Same thing here for the tooltip "Select the device or the VIDEO_TS
directory" (when opening a file, in the Disc tab, over the Disc device
selection).
This one was corrected/introduced on "Fri Aug 1 09:19:02 2008 -0700|
[552b5247eea6d1c0c93407c49ce64a39af751e43]", so the string exists, only
that I am not able to see my translated version in its place.

I tried with the same steps as described before and even more: I
validated (un-fuzzied) this string in the French translation (and put
the .po file in the fr locale), and with the French interface selected
this one still shows in English.

Cristi