[vlc-devel] Play audio error on 0.9.0-test2

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 06:28:28 CEST 2008

On 8/7/08, Christophe Mutricy <xtophe at videolan.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  2008/8/7, hce <webmail.hce at gmail.com>:
>

>  > I found that the ffmpeg was not configurated and built properly in
>  > 0.9. I could not even find ffmpeg in 0.9 configure (Linux Centos 5.2).
>  > Could anyone please to explain what has been changed in 0.9 and how to
>  > pass a ffmpeg local path to the configure?
>

> Use PKG_CONFIG_PATH

I did set up the PKG_CONFIG_PATH before posting the message. Please
see following echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH and the pig-config for all FFMPEG
packages. But when I type ./vlc --list | grep ffmpeg, nothing coming.

I've also found following 0.9.0 announce statement. What is the story
of ffmpeg in 0.9.0?

"The ffmpeg module has been removed and replaced by avcodec, avformat,
swscale (or imgresample if you use a swscale-less ffmpeg build) and
postproc modules."

$ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/lib/pkgconfig

$ pkg-config --list-all | grep FFmpeg
libavcodec libavcodec - FFmpeg codec library
libpostproc libpostproc - FFmpeg post processing library
libavformat libavformat - FFmpeg container format library
libavdevice libavdevice - FFmpeg device handling library
libavutil libavutil - FFmpeg utility library

Also please see following message from the config.log, there is no
avcodec.h under ffmpeg, only in libavcodec/avcodec.h. There are also
some errors in config.log. Is it the build process got wrong or I've
got wrong?

--configure:49558: checking for libavcodec/avcodec.h
configure:49566: result: yes
configure:49454: checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability
configure:49471: gcc -std=gnu99 -c  -Wall -Wextra -Wsign-compare
-Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes -Wvolatile-register-var
-I/home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install/include   -DSYS_LINUX
-I/home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install/include   conftest.c
>&5
conftest.c:193:28: error: ffmpeg/avcodec.h: No such file or directory