[vlc-devel] Play audio error on 0.9.0-test2

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at videolan.org
Fri Aug 8 10:09:06 CEST 2008

> "The ffmpeg module has been removed and replaced by avcodec, avformat,
> swscale (or imgresample if you use a swscale-less ffmpeg build) and
> postproc modules."

Indeed the module have been split.
And by ffmpeg we usually mean "the libraries developed by the FFMPEG
project i.e. libavcodec, libavutil, libavformat, libpostproc and
libswscale" and not the ffmpeg executable.

> $ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig
>
> configure:49471: gcc -std=gnu99 -c  -Wall -Wextra -Wsign-compare
> -Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align
> -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes -Wvolatile-register-var
> -I/home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install/include   -DSYS_LINUX
> -I/home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install/include   conftest.c
> >&5
> conftest.c:193:28: error: ffmpeg/avcodec.h: No such file or directory

If you ffmpeg is install in
home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install,
home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install/lib/pkgconfig should be
in your PKG_CONFIG_PATH at the moment it's trying to find a ffmpeg in
/usr/