[vlc-devel] Play audio error on 0.9.0-test2

yh jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 22:20:44 CEST 2008

On 2008-08-08 09:09+0100, Christophe Mutricy wrote:
>> "The ffmpeg module has been removed and replaced by avcodec, avformat,
>> swscale (or imgresample if you use a swscale-less ffmpeg build) and
>> postproc modules."
>>
>Indeed the module have been split.
>And by ffmpeg we usually mean "the libraries developed by the FFMPEG
>project i.e. libavcodec, libavutil, libavformat, libpostproc and
>libswscale" and not the ffmpeg executable.
>

>> $ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>> /usr/lib/pkgconfig
>>
>> configure:49471: gcc -std=gnu99 -c  -Wall -Wextra -Wsign-compare
>> -Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align
>> -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes -Wvolatile-register-var
>> -I/home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install/include   -DSYS_LINUX
>> -I/home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install/include   conftest.c
>> >&5
>> conftest.c:193:28: error: ffmpeg/avcodec.h: No such file or directory
>
>If you ffmpeg is install in
>home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install,
>home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install/lib/pkgconfig should be
>in your PKG_CONFIG_PATH at the moment it's trying to find a ffmpeg in
>/usr/

I should mention that I actually copied all *.pc files from
/home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install/lib/pkgconfig to
/usr/lib/pkgconfig. I am not sure this is good practice, but I do know
that I also compiled QT4 in my local direcotry and copied *.pc to the /usr/lib/pkgconfig. The QT4 is working fine.

As the /usr/lib/pkgconfig has many other libralies, I cannot point the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to the
/home/project/work/Tools/Media/Ffmpeg/Install/lib/pkgconfig. Please
correct me if you have good solution for it.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Jim