[vlc-devel] One week to 0.9.0 release

George Bray georgebray at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 12:50:18 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Felix Paul Kühne <
fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Problematic is the broken mozilla/safari plugin packaging, which
> nobody seems to care about (including myself, in fact, as I don't ever
> use it). If this gets fixed in time, I'd be glad to provide the
> packages. If not, this will gonna need to wait for 0.9.1. IMO, this
> should be considered as a release blocker.

I'm very interested in the moz plugin working right, and have a test
environment at my uni. Is it the plugin or the packaging that's bung?

http://tv2.anu.edu.au/channels/323?&tag=usa

Just yesterday I tried to use 0.8.6i on OSX to dump 12 udp channels to disk
for the olympics.  Unfortunately, it crashed about 3 hours in. There looked
to be a memory leak.

Did some simple tests with vlc-git-intel-20080809-0318 today, all worked
fine.  If there are areas to concentrate testing on, please let me know.
I'll try a live x264 encode and see how that goes.

thanks for all your efforts, devs.  VLC rocks.

george

--
George Bray, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.