[vlc-devel] Resignation as co-release manager

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Aug 9 21:17:13 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 12:46:14PM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> Over the past year everybody was complaining about our slow release process,
> and how badly we needed to switch from feature-based releases to time-based
> releases. Now that the implications are apparent, everybody wants to go back
> to feature-based. Guys, we cannot have it both ways.

Yes, you are right here, we have to do stronger timelines for the next
releases, but sorry I ask for one more week for 0.9.0 because it is so
big.

> With this said, given that everybody disagrees with me, I have to give up on
> 0.9.0 release management.

I just ask for one week, not much more...

> N.B.: It was great wasting so much of my time for this non-release over the
> last two months, thank you guys.

Come on, Rémi, your work is amazingly useful to us. You have worked on
stuffs that noone else wants to take care because stupid coders like me
don't understand those... :)

You are right that we need stronger timelines, however, we have to
converge all the work we did in 0.9.0 and it is a bit slower than
expected... Therefore I suggest a tagging one week later than scheduled
and take one week to work on the binaries...

We would annunce the released binaries during the last week on august.

This is just a proposal.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/