[vlc-devel] commit: Revert "Turn on -Werror for libvlccore and libvlc." ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Thu Aug 14 03:16:57 CEST 2008

On Aug 14, 2008, at 3:03 AM, Geoffroy Couprie wrote:

>>> An other idea is to --enable-werror on buildbot.
> I use enable-debug too, and -Werror on Windows is not recommended: I
> found a warning because of the MS interpretation of 64 bits integers
> format chain. GCC complains, but that's not an error. That apperas at
> many places in the code. And there must be many other non-bugs like
> this one.

Of course we could do an exception for Windows. But I am sure there is
a nice way to tell the compiler that we are fine here. Don't get me
wrong but warnings are most of the time useful, and but they are not
if they are numerous.

You should really try to reduce the number of warnings on your host
then :) (That's the whole point of -Werror)

Pierre.