[vlc-devel] commit: Revert "Turn on -Werror for libvlccore and libvlc." ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Geoffroy Couprie geo.couprie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 03:03:16 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Mirsal Ennaime
<mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Pierre d'Herbemont <pdherbemont at free.fr> wrote:
>> Ok. Do you agree then to turn -Werror when building when --enable-debug?
>
> I always build with --enable-debug as I use gdb quite extensively, but
> with my SoC project is hard enough not to give me any extra-time to
> fix warnings.
>
>> The idea is to get enough of us to build with -Werror, without trying
>> to afraid new comers.
>
> An advice on the developers wiki should be enough IMVHO.
>
>> An other idea is to --enable-werror on buildbot.
I use enable-debug too, and -Werror on Windows is not recommended: I
found a warning because of the MS interpretation of 64 bits integers
format chain. GCC complains, but that's not an error. That apperas at
many places in the code. And there must be many other non-bugs like
this one.