[vlc-devel] Speex audio in .flv container

Steven Woolley woobert at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 23:13:48 CEST 2008

Got MPlayer compiled with speex... (it plays the example above) but now on
my .flv I get:
mplayer -demuxer rawaudio -rawaudio format=86055 ~/stream1219297724586.flv
rawaudio file format detected.
Opening audio decoder: [speex] Speex audio decoder
Missing extradata!
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x15027.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Exiting... (End of file)

Which is exactly the same error I get now with my version of ffmpeg that
I've modified to recognize the audio stream as speex!
(Missing extradata!)

So, 2 (possibly) independent ways of getting to the same roadblock I should
get some points for that...

So, anyone want to help?
Steve