[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.0 release plan

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 7 22:06:36 CET 2008

Am 07.12.2008 um 20:16 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:
> From 0.9, the only _regression_ I am aware of is that DVD menus are
> totally
> broken in all kind of ways (blank screen, RESET PCR failures and
> even busy
> loops...).
Additionally, the Mac OS X port is not useable at all due to VLC
Core's thread rework. Right now, it is quite unuseable. Of course, the
browser plugin wasn't fixed yet, either.

How about deciding about the freeze in 2 weeks in Paris? Although I
won't be able to attend, it would be a good idea to talk about the
features there and set a freeze date. Personally, I won't contribute
features to VLC 1.0 as long as it will be frozen before mid February -
anyway, freeze whenever you like.

Best regards,

Felix