[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.0 release plan

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Dec 9 17:40:00 CET 2008

	Hello,

Le dimanche 7 décembre 2008 23:06:36 Felix Paul Kühne, vous avez écrit :
> Am 07.12.2008 um 20:16 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:
> > From 0.9, the only _regression_ I am aware of is that DVD menus are
> > totally broken in all kind of ways (blank screen, RESET PCR
> > failures and even busy loops...).
>
> Additionally, the Mac OS X port is not useable at all due to VLC
> Core's thread rework. Right now, it is quite unuseable.

Port-specific problems surely don't prevent feature freezes. I agree that we
should discuss this at the meeting.

[ I hope nobody expects _me_ to fix this specific problem. I have a conflict
of interests against fixing the WinCE and OSX ports. ]

> Of course, the browser plugin wasn't fixed yet, either.

That's not a regression from 0.9. If the problem is with the psychology
of "1.0", we can use 0.10. I am not very optimistic about the browser plugins
being fixed in any close time frame - I think the real question is why do we
ship them if we know they don't work, or do we not?

More importantly, there is no point in holding a release onto something for
which there is no _plans_.

http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary