[vlc-devel] RE : libvlc howto change pitch vmem, also; what about libvlc_new() lock?

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 25 12:11:25 CET 2008

Having a look at vmem.c, no resizing is implemented.

Actually, most often, modern video drivers automatically take care of
resizing. More complex vout (xvideo, ...) only fall back to software
resizing if the driver doesn't support resizing.

With vmem, rationale is to give you back the video buffers. If you plan
to display it by any means (SDL, .... ), I guess resizing should first
be addressed at this level.

Erwan10