[vlc-devel] VLC Dev Meeting '08: Technical decisions

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 26 14:29:22 CET 2008

Hello,

first of all, thanks for the protocol! :-)

A few questions on the OS X stuff:

> Current version broken!
> Problem: cancellation points
> OSX 10.5 issue: no one want to do it?
Which 10.5 issue are you referring to? The cancellation point thingie
isn't specific to 10.5 (as it is also present in 10.4 and will
probably be present in 10.6), so... is there a ticket?

> Problem: intf (see later)
Could you post that "later", too? :-)

> To have more devs and debugging: Integration in the IDEs: Eclipse
> (for windows/mac)
An Eclipse-integration doesn't make hardly any sense to me, as I know
exactly not a single person using Eclipse for non-Java development on
Macs. A nice and clean Xcode integration (like the VLCKit project)
would be really cool of course. Additionally, such a project could
also be used in TextMate. Perhaps, we could have this done as part of
a future GSoC project?

>   B/ GSoC integration
> - OSX integration: "dilan"
Who's that guy? Anyway, Dilan, feel free to contact me off-list if you
need assistance as I was the mentor for this project..

Best regards,

Felix