[vlc-devel] VLC Dev Meeting '08: Technical decisions

Ilkka Ollakka ilkka.ollakka+vlc at oamk.fi
Fri Dec 26 15:22:33 CET 2008

On pe 26. joulukuuta 2008 14:29:22, Felix Paul Kühne wrote:
> > To have more devs and debugging: Integration in the IDEs: Eclipse
> > (for windows/mac)
> An Eclipse-integration doesn't make hardly any sense to me, as I know
> exactly not a single person using Eclipse for non-Java development on
> Macs. A nice and clean Xcode integration (like the VLCKit project)
> would be really cool of course. Additionally, such a project could
> also be used in TextMate. Perhaps, we could have this done as part of
> a future GSoC project?

I think the Eclipse idea was more on windows side, win-coders seems to
prefer IDE-usage which is pre-made (eg visual studio project) instead of
tinkerin that themself (or atleast we thought thats the case). So idea
was to try if eclipse could be easily setted up to vlc-coding so it
would lower win-coders (and others who prefer eclipse) to participate on
vlc.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Fuch's Warning: