[vlc-devel] vout/aout recycling
brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Fri Dec 26 14:52:12 CET 2008
I read recycling vout/aout was set on the roadmap.
I have a working patch for vout reuse. Maybe, the person who has taken
on this work may be interested in getting it (to evaluate what to do/not
to do, or as a starting point)
In a few words, This patch features the following :
- a recycling structure keeps any reusable objects at the libvlc level
- reuse of objects is confined to successive inputs run as a playlist.
(no mixing up of objects from different origins : playlist, libvlc api
- For that matter, a root_entity is defined to uniquely identify a
running session. This root_entity is responsible for releasing objects
once the work is done. (a vlc variable of type VAR_ADDRESS and usual
inheritance mechanism are used to keep track of successive inputs)
- vout reuse is currently implemented for :
- root_entity = legacy playlist
- root_entity = libvlc api media_player.
- height/width restrictions are made less severe than it was in vlc0.8.x
- chroma restriction is also removed for the time being.
If you are interested, I will be most happy to provide this patch and/or
discuss some moot points that surely will arise.
More information about the vlc-devel