[vlc-devel] video seeking via rtsp server

Marc E. Fiuczynski mef at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Feb 7 15:13:37 CET 2008

Hello,

When I use VLC as a rtsp server I noticed that the seek support often
does not work nicely.  I've read that it might be necessary to setup a
special metadata file (ts) as input to the rtsp server.  Can someone
comment on this further?  I thought the whole point of RTSP was that
seeking "just works".  Is this a limitation of the live555 rtsp
implementation or something inherent to all rtsp servers?

Marc
p.s., seeking etc. "just works" via HTTP.  ;)