[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r25020 (courmisch)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Sun Feb 10 14:36:50 CET 2008

Le Sunday 10 February 2008 14:45:37 techfreak, vous avez écrit :
> The socket is still open but I tried to call net_Read again and it still
> returns ith -1 and logs "polling interrupted". If it is really open,
> then I should be able to continue reading on it, or not ?

It says polling interrupted if and only if the waitpipe is readable, which
happens if and only if the other end of the waitpipe has been written to or
closed, which happens from and only from vlc_object_kill().

If you're object is being killed, you're not supposed to do blocking network
read, you're supposed to TERMINATE.

> Ok. If this is the normal behaviour, why is the polling interrupted when
> I set the parameter "waitall" of net_Read to true and the socket is
> still open?

Because the waitpipe is readable, and you are supposed to terminate, not read
from your socket.

http://www.remlab.net/