[vlc-devel] Switching to git

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Sat Feb 16 21:14:09 CET 2008

Le Saturday 16 February 2008 22:07:42 Jean-Paul Saman, vous avez écrit :
> Are you sure we need a 2-way connection.

Indeed, I think we don't want it in any case; it's bound to suck. We can keep
read-only export as we did (still do?) for CVS.

> It is possible to import the
> entire history with git-svnimport, which is IMHO the way to go if we are
> going to switch to git entirely.

git-svn can do one-shot imports as well.

> git-svn is only developed for a single developer to keep his projects in
> sync with a subversion archive more easily. It is not intended to be
> shared amongst multiple developers.

I think the proposal consists of ditching svn, and hence ditching git-svn too
(which some devs are using currently), and go to "native" git.

http://www.remlab.net/