[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r25242 (damienf)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Thu Feb 21 19:12:40 CET 2008

Le Thursday 21 February 2008 19:38:21 Damien Fouilleul, vous avez écrit :
> you obviously don't read the forums very often. i've leveraged the use
> of argv[0] as per request from multiple users from the user who wanted
> to be able to bundle mozilla and activex and their plugins easily.

Yeah, and you obviously don't try to run the installed (stable) vlc from a
parent directory of vlc development tree. Because this breaks it. Not talking
about the speed issue.

That a user asks for something does not automatically mean it's a good idea.

> > Since when are software libraries suppose to use argv[0] anyway?
> > I've not
> > bothered to remove it from the whole internal LibVLC command line
> > parsing
> > flow, perhaps. That surely did not mean we intended to restore the
> > misfeature later on.
>
> this comment is about as interesting as saying since when chickens
> have teeth.

Perhaps. It was your argument anyway.

http://www.remlab.net/