[vlc-devel] [Patch] paddleft pads one line too much

Leif Einar Aune leif.einar.aune at adactus.no
Tue Feb 26 18:08:11 CET 2008

Hi, all

When using paddleft when streaming and transcoding I get a segmentation
fault. This is when running vlc-0.8.6d compiled from source on a Fedora
8 64bit box, as well as CentOs5.1.

Looking into the source I think the function fill_pad_region in file
video_filter.c is writing one line too much in the img->data structure.

The applied patch solves the problem.

It also seems like the last pixels if paddright is specified is not set.
The patch also fixes this (adding the memset after the for loop).

Please consider it.

Best Regards
Leif Einar Aune