[vlc-devel] [Patch] Windows WaveOut

Andre Weber WeberAndre at gmx.de
Tue Feb 26 19:40:40 CET 2008

Hallo,

>> Seems like you are missing a change_need_restart() statement...
mmh - where is this statement to put in?  (ok will look into other modules using it)

>>Also please DO
>>NOT put normal C code in the plugin header. This has already caused very
>>weird or difficult to trace bugs, and it makes any change to the plugin
>>macros very difficult. Besides, I suspect your patch will break the plugins
>>cache if the device lists changes later on.
currently its the problem - the list of sound devices, needs to be initialziled
based on the windows config, before showing it - how shall I do this later?
allways force the user to push the button for updating? and choosing another device?

Especially with hotplugable audio usb devices? -- I have there the button to update
the list - but this doesn't work currently - inside QT gui, with WxWidgets it
works like expected.

>>As a side note, there are shortcuts for var_Create/var_Get nowadays.
may be the current trunk version of waveout.c still used these may be "old functions"
- so I wasn't in the mood to change this -- but you self know the documentation
is very less in this area - so its not easy for me to find allways the best solution
in means of VLC api - to write clean code. -- most information is retrieved
through looking into other modules, and copy from there, but if there are too many
ways to achieve things... its not easy to choose the most up to date method...
(without a very good up to date, api list - showing functions not to use, or macros
to use as replacement ...)

André
-------
Atmo

Le Tuesday 26 February 2008 20:20:47 Andre Weber, vous avez écrit :
> Hallo,
>
> this time without attached .zip *g* but with link to zipped diff file -
> because its too big for the mailing list...
> http://eldo.gotdns.com/waveout.zip (only for short time available, if you
> see me on IRC the file will be available..)

Seems like you are missing a change_need_restart() statement... Also please DO

http://www.remlab.net/