[vlc-devel] dccp support

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Thu Feb 28 20:25:58 CET 2008

Le Thursday 28 February 2008 10:34:13 Tomasz Grobelny, vous avez écrit :
> 1. Where can I find user documentation regarding dccp preferably with
> example commands?

It's been added to the streaming howto documentation, but I don't know when
the official website will be synched.

> 2. If it doesn't exist yet, would anybody be so kind to give a short
> explanation on how dccp in vlc can be used? Again, examples on how to
> stream and receive a video file would be great.

Currently, there is no defined way to negociate DCCP via RTSP, so DCCP support
in VLC still has pretty rough corners:

On the streamer:
# vlc --sout '#rtp{dccp,dst=::,mux=ts,port=1234}' ...

On the receiver(s):
# vlc dccp://serverIP:1234

http://www.remlab.net/