[vlc-devel] Mirrors and stuff.

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Fri Jan 11 17:22:09 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 08 at 13:14 +0300, Pavlov Konstantin wrote:
> What's up now with mirrors?
>
> - do we need more?

Yes and no. Depends where

> Me probably can ask some ibiblio guys if we need it plus there is a
> possibility of mirroring videolan at Ukraine.

We haven't any in Russia or Eastern Europe so why not
> - are the mirrors checked for being up-to-date automagically?
>
> Looks like they arent (just because of svn commits turning them off and nn).

It's semi automatic. see mirrors.v.o

The most needed improvement are mirrors in uptodate mirrors in Australia
and south america. I may gives their admin a ping. And more mirror in
South america and Africa.

And also some geo-ip magic so the random link is not so random and you
don't endup downloading from the antipodes

--
Xtophe