[vlc-devel] VLC mozilla plugin controls

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Fri Jan 11 21:41:22 CET 2008

Hi Frans,

On Jan 11, 2008, at 11:46 AM, Frans van Veen wrote:

> We are working on the mozillaPlugin(linux) creating a toolbar (in
> xwindow). We have the play and stop button working and like to add a
> icon, that moves when the video is playing. Is there a way i can use
> the
> VLC API to trigger a function that updates the moving icon, or is
> there
> a other solution?

You'll have to hack a bit the js interface in the plugin. Basically
you have to expose the libvlc_event_* API. Basically all the info is in:
include/vlc/libvlc.h
include/vlc/libvlc_structures.h
src/control/libvlc_internal.h

If you need more info tell me. (Basically you just have to listen to
the media_instance state events).

Pierre.