[vlc-devel] libvlc_MediaInstanceReachedEnd called twice (libvlc)

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:22:07 CET 2008

Hi Pierre,

just to let you know, I have tried last night's build and now the workaround
does not work anymore. The event libvlc_MediaInstanceReachedEnd is triggered
twice for each play but each time the state is libvlc_Ended. I can't
differiantiate between the two anymore.

Jacques Boileau

PS. I have done a week long test with the january 2nd build, which works
pretty well for me, and everything was stable with very little memory
increase over the week long test! Hooray for libvlc! The test consisted of a
movie playing the video locally and streaming its audio and 7 mp3s being
streamded to different ports using UDP. libvlc_MediaInstanceReachedEnd was
used to detect the end of any of these and restart it. Played for the full
week, no problem!

On Jan 2, 2008 3:53 PM, Pierre d'Herbemont <pdherbemont at free.fr> wrote:

>  Hi Jacques,
>
> Well, that's a work around because some demuxer announce the end by an
> ERROR_S state. Obviously this is wrong, but I didn't take the time to
> investigate more on that. I think it will stay like that a bit more until I
> take the time to fix that,
> Thanks for the report!
>
> Pierre.
>
>   On Jan 2, 2008, at 8:47 PM, jboileau wrote:
>
>   Hi,
>
> I have playing with the latest build and found a small problem with the libvlc_MediaInstanceReachedEnd
> event. It is called twice after each play. The first time the state is at
> libvlc_Ended the second time the state is at libvlc_Error. This makes it
> easy to differentiate between the two, but I guess this is not the way
> things where intended.
>
> Jacques Boileau

Jacques Boileau