[vlc-devel] libvlc set parent question

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Mon Jan 21 18:13:41 CET 2008

Hi Jacques,

You should use media_instance_set_drawable prior to playing to set the
window you want to draw in. That's the prefered way.

libvlc_video_set_parent should probably be deprecated. It set the
default drawable to the specified drawable for all input_thread_t, and
eventually change it for the running media_instance.

  However, this strongly depends on the video_output driver you are
using. You should check the video_output driver to see what kind of
drawable it expects. In your case this may be a flaw in the
video_output driver you are using which may not support custom
drawable. What vout are you using?

Pierre.