[vlc-devel] libvlc set parent question

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 19:17:15 CET 2008

I was able to do the MDI but in java. The java core
code needed to be reworked since it (not the jvlc) was
giving me quite a headache getting MDI to work.
If you read my previous post yesterday about CPU
utilization there are limits to the number of videos
you can run at the same time. I am not surprised since
video processing is hard on the CPU but what surprised
me is the fact most of the time the CPU utilization is
quite low. Hopefully FFMPEG can be made to run faster
unless there is only one instance for multiple
instances of the video player.
Outside of my app I tried running multiple vlc
instances and sure enough two movies seems to push vlc
into dropping video frames. Not a big deal for me I am
happy to see one video run well all the time which it
does for the most part.

I like to push the edge of a system's capability :-)

Thanks VLC team since I released my RIA last Wednesday
the number of visits to my site and the number of
downloads has been outstanding!!

Best Regards,
Tony Anecito
Founder,