[vlc-devel] Win32 builds

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Thu Jan 24 19:03:34 CET 2008

Le Thursday 24 January 2008 12:55:25 Olivier Aubert, vous avez écrit :
> As for plugins, it would be very nice to be able to build them "out of
> tree" too. My application is using python bindings and also depends on
> the SVG module. For the moment, I have to build the whole VLC with this
> module activated, and add it at runtime when deploying over a standard
> vlc install. An infrastructure to build and register user plugins would
> be a real plus here (just wishful thinking, I do not have the time to
> work on that).

I have been loosely slowly and inconclusively working toward this aim.... for
the past three years: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/297 - I think the
main blocker, has been lack of demonstrated interest from "external"
developpers.

It is fairly clear that it currently does not work, but it would help a lot
with clearer targets... such as a well defined "thing" that would be built
outside the tree to start with.

By th way, Pierre, it seems libvlc is "native bindings" are currently
unusable - I cannot seem to include vlc/libvlc.h out-of-the-box. See also the
new test cases.

http://www.remlab.net/