[vlc-devel] (JVLC?) Audio problem incase of two vlc instance

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 19:12:53 CET 2008

Hi Amaresh,

I have been able to get multiple movies playing with
sound for each by createing multiple instances. I used
jvlc. You can do the same thing by opening up multiple
instances of vlc but if you do not have a multi-core
processor you may run into performance issues where
the video decoding drops behind the audio and
eventually the video stops working and appears to lock
up and the CPU utilization climbs to 50%.

Normal to expect I guess for a beta or not knowing
what options to use to keep vlc from locking up when
that happens.

Regards,
Tony Anecito
Founder,