[vlc-devel] (JVLC?) Audio problem incase of two vlc instance

Victor Fuertes Zanon vicfueza at teleco.upv.es
Wed Jan 30 16:40:07 CET 2008

Hi Tony,

I think that the problem that our friend Amaresh describes is not related to
performance issues. "Any" computer can run two VLC instances simultaneously!

The problem is related to the in-out stream buffer which is shared by all the
VLC instances that are called from the same Java program. Thus, you can't
receive two different streams, or send one and receive another, in same Java
program.

I'm working on this issue right at the moment and I will post a new message
regarding this problem soon in this mailing list.

Can anyone help me?

Regards, Víctor