[vlc-devel] (JVLC?) Audio problem incase of two vlc instance

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 22:07:40 CET 2008

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure how you arrived
at the conclusion of a single buffer in java but would
be very interested in the explanation.
I use separate instances of jvlc and each has its own
distinct instance of java classes so I am trying to
understand what you are saying about a single buffer
becaause if it is something I have control over I am
going to fix it.

Also, my multi-video testing I was getting messages
about dropping of frames which is typical of the
FFMPEG decoder not being able to catch up with the
audio and I was seeing the video stop updating and my
progress bar still mving ahead.

I am very interested in your analysis that lead to
your conclusion.

I do agree that vlc decoding should be able to keep up
with the audio decoding based upon the CPU utilization
being so low for one movie but from experience as you
increase CPU utilization performance loss is
non-linear.

Regards,
Tony

--- Victor Fuertes Zanon <vicfueza at teleco.upv.es>