[vlc-devel] Request for removal of commit rights

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Thu Jul 10 08:25:09 CEST 2008

    Hello,

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 23:01:53 +0200, Pierre d'Herbemont <pdherbemont at free.fr>
wrote:
> Your work is very valuable and I do understand that you are fed up
> with regressions.

No. I am fed up with cleaning up after a so-called professional
developper/consultant on my free time. In other words, Antoire, others and
I are essentially giving up part of our life, and burning *our* VLC
motivation due to his low commit standards.

And you and Thresh talk about loosing developpers - why do you think we
lost Zorglub? Yes, low quality makes us loose developpers, makes us loose
motivation and dedication. And let me not get into loosing users...

I am not asking for your opinion. I am asking for a solution. So far, it is
involved me (and others, thanks) cleaning up after him, me reviewing all of
his commits. And I have even being *blamed* for daring to review them
(yes!). How is that open-source? I and only I have the right to decide
whether that solution shall continue. And I only am willing to continue
*if* we solve the problem from now on _differently_.

You are not proposing any solution, unless you consider me stopping any bug
fixing activity a solution.