[vlc-devel] Request for removal of commit rights

Pavlov Konstantin thresh at altlinux.ru
Thu Jul 10 07:52:06 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 10:02:18PM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> With displeasure and total lack of political correctness, I have to request
> that Jean Paul commit right be revoked. I am deeply sorry to say that I have
> very serious concern about the overall quality of his (unchecked)
> contribution to the code base over the last 18 months. This is all the more
> apparent to me now that we are intinsively hunting regressions. Frankly, I
> would rather have avoided this, as reviewing patches is not my favorite
> activity. But from the recent clash with my post-commit reviews, it seems
> there is no alternative but to enforce pre-commit review.

I believe this kind of attitude kills opensource project.

Not that i have a huge contribution for videolan (especially compared to
yours), but i should share my opinion on this matter.  VideoLAN already
lost two main developers because of that and we definitely dont want to
lose any other.

I object on revoking commit rights from Jean Paul.

--
QOTD:
	"Unlucky?  If I bought a pumpkin farm, they'd cancel Halloween."