[vlc-devel] commit: Let swscale handle video conversion when available (close #1695) ( Laurent Aimar )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jul 10 22:20:54 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008, git version control wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Thu Jul 10 22:05:53 2008 +0200| [14cc9765ed844fa23d245a60e46f3e0b30ca81d1]
>
> Let swscale handle video conversion when available (close #1695)

 I would like to simplify and clean up ffmpeg decoder. For now, a chroma
conversion can be done inside ffmpeg (by ffmpeg_CopyPicture) for some
'non standard' colorspaces.
 I think it would be best to always output what we decode untouched (it is
not the decoder job to do chroma conversion) and let imgresample or swscaler
filter do the conversion (when *needed*) as vout now uses video filter API.
 So I would like to
 - replace ffmpeg_PixFmtToChroma by GetVlcChroma
 - not calling img_resample inside ffmpeg_CopyPicture.
Is that ok (it might broke a few video but will probably fix a few others) ?

--
fenrir