[vlc-devel] VLC API

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:18:25 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Mirsal Ennaime
<mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 9:41 AM, hce <webmail.hce at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
> Hello,
>
>> Does VLC player have APIs to allow external applications to
>> communicate to it with different commands such as connect to URL,
>> play, stop and pause?
>
> VLC exposes a D-Bus API following the mpris specification:
> http://www.mpris.org

I've looked at the mpris spec and I guess the XML type message format
can be used between the mpris and the VLC. But how the external
application can talk to the VLC API, via function call or via socket?
I could not find a VLC document for the details, where I can get those
details from VLC?

> You can bug me if you want need any detail about this.

I'll :-)

Thank you.

Jim