[vlc-devel] commit: Use the signal interface and fix signal handling ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Remi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Thu Jun 5 09:01:16 CEST 2008

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 23:06:49 +0200, bl4 <bl4 at playker.info> wrote:
> This change causes exactly the same problem with my gui, I can't explain
> why. I fixed it by restoring the code in qt4.cpp, making it work without
> b_play property and removing the code for starting playlist in vlc.c.

I thought about doing that. But it is incorrect. It would case the
interfaces to (re)start the playlist when they start, regardless whether it
is appropriate or not. When using, e.g. intf-switch, it is clearly
inappropriate. When using multiple interfaces at the same time, it is also
inappropriate.

What you see is a bug in your interface.

http://www.remlab.net