[vlc-devel] patch preview for multiproto support
cluck at ethz.ch
Mon Jun 9 22:14:28 CEST 2008
attached is a first version of a patch for Multiproto support in VLC
(74K compressed) .
This patch adds --dvb-hybrid=[0=old_api, 1=new_api, 2=auto]. The default
is --dvb-hybrid=0 which shall make VLC behave as without the patch.
Anything different is a bug in my code. And there _are_ still bugs.
The patched VLC should compile against both vanilla kernel and a
multiproto-patched kernel (http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto).
In the latter case VLC shall be able to switch the new and traditional
API at runtime. I use
> CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/src/multiproto/linux/include" ./configure
to make it see the multiproto API.
I've the following hardware to test the code:
- KNC1 DVB-S2
- Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S
- one CI/CAM Module for both (and many troubles with it)
* `vlc dvb-s:// --dvb-hybrid=2` tunes DVB-S with multiproto API
* `vlc dvb-s2:// --dvb-hybrid=2` tunes DVB-S2 with multiproto API
* `vlc dvb-s:// --dvb-hybrid=0` tunes DVB-S with traditional API
* `vlc satellite:// --dvb-hybrid=2` is expected to cycle all available
deliveries (does not work correctly yet)
Tests and Patches are welcome, specially with non-DVB-S/S2 cards and on
the backwards compatibility of the code. Also, if someone has a
DVBFE_DELSYS_DUMMY compliant card, let me know ;)
Moreover I didn't work on the HTTP Interface side so it is not yet aware
of the new API.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 11698 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the vlc-devel