[vlc-devel] commit: WxWidgets: good bye, I will not miss you. ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Remi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Fri Jun 13 08:41:14 CEST 2008

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:10:24 +0300, Dominique Leuenberger
<dominique at leuenberger.net> wrote:
> do you think it's a good moment to kick wx out? I mean what 'stable'
> alternative do we have? Qt? Doesn't look like the best choice yet... I
> have to say it looks neat, but crashes more often than wx.

I have to say Wx freezes all the time for me, it's been doing so for 3
years, and the original has left us to take care of this, well... crap...
code for something like 4 years.

Besides, I don't want packagers to ship VLC 0.9.0 with the crap WxWidgets
interface, just because:
 - they are GNOME/gtk integrists, and/or
 - they failed to notice the change

http://www.remlab.net