[vlc-devel] Getting informations on a RTP stream

benoit begue snk4ever at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 05:50:25 CEST 2008

I'm working on a project where I need to identify some properties about a
RTP video stream. My software reads a network capture file from
tcpdump/wireshark and I can isolate the bits corresponding to the RTP layer.
I would like to detect :
- video codec and bitrate
- audio codec and bitrate
- video resolution and framerate (this seems to be in the Video_format_t
structure from what I tried to find)

Is it possible using the VLC API or by taking parts of its code to input the
bits of my RTP stream and get those informations ?
Could somebody give me any help, point me to the right functions/source code
files or to a sample code using the VLC API for a similar purpose ?

Thanks

Benoit