[vlc-devel] Visualisation Bugs

mlist at marxbitware.com mlist at marxbitware.com
Wed Jun 18 10:51:27 CEST 2008

I've been testing visualisations for the last few days.  Its not very
clearly documented how to use these string, however, I have muddled
through it.

string[] options = new string[] { "-I", "dummy", "--ignore-config",
"--audio-visual", "visual", "--effect-list", "spectrometer" };

I have three minor issues:

1.  Passing these options to
libvlc_media_add_option(libvlc_media_handle, options, ref ex) has no
effect.  I can get visualisations to function if I pass the same
string to libvlc_new(argv.Length, argv, ref ex).

2.  How do I change the visualisation at runtime? (i.e Whilst a song
is playing.)

3.  Text displayed over the visualisation (i.e the name) does not wrap
to a new line.  Instead, it overwrites itself resulting in several
layers of text on a single line.

Any help would be much appreciated.