[vlc-devel] commit: Add callback to spu-es from the input. (Je an-Paul Saman )

=?unknown-8bit?Q?Rafa=EBl_Carr=E9?= rafael.carre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:54:36 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008, Felix Paul K?hne wrote:
> On 18.06.2008, at 13:18, Rafa?l Carr? wrote:
>
> > Please leave.
>
> As it is you who decided to leave the project, I guess this
> recommendation is not up to you.

I fail to see a link, this mailing list is public, and I definitely intend to use my freedom of speech.

> But anyway, my point is that this kind of discussion should definitely
> not take place on a public mailing-list.

I don't think so.

> R?mi is definitely right
> about removing M2X from the partners page, although i regret this.

Using my m2x mail misleaded you: I only expressed my personal opinion.
I will send insults from my personal mail from now.

Oh and trying to calm me down by provoking retaliations at my work place failed.

> Writing insulting or abusive mails to vlc-devel does definitely not
> fit our way of doing FOSS. Think about it and stop it.

For sure I think about it, and for sure I won't stop.

I want to point the members of the project that Remi is heading you in a wrong direction.

He is:
	* sending contributors away.
		Damien Fouilleul (the discussion was made on a private mailing list if you were not aware), then me, were just disgusted by him.
	* making potential contributors not willing to enter the project (http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2008-June/044980.html)
	* insulting actual contributors (http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2008-May/043319.html)
	* intellectually masturbating by making cryptic answers to contributors (http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2008-June/044984.html)

Yet I have to recognize him some progress, being acknowledged as the release manager for upcoming VLC 0.9.0 gave him some responsibility and cooled him down, a LOT of personal work still needs to be done, and I don't think he's able to.

So IMHO he must leave.

Despite stopping personal contributions to the project, I hope you are able to understand I still have some interest in a project I gave a LOT of my time, and I'd be sad to see it slowed down.

Hence I will continue watch out vlc-devel@ and flame him when he fails to communicate properly.

Last but not least, I point you to the fact than firing antipathic contributors, even very active ones, is definitely not dooming a project. For instance see http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/1994/12/23/0000.html

--
Rafaël Carré