[vlc-devel] rtp and seek problem

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Fri Jun 20 12:25:13 CEST 2008

Le vendredi 20 juin 2008 11:23:07 Sébastien Escudier, vous avez écrit :
> short question is : is it a normal behavior to close ES (and rtp connection
> with it) when seeking in mp4, or is there a problem in rtp stream_out when
> deconnecting/reconnecting?

The RTP stream output cannot second guess what you're trying to do. If you
tell it to destroy an ES, it removes the RTP session associated with it.
That's normal behavior.

There is no way to signal media parameters change dynamically with RTSP/1.0.
There simply is not. If you need to add/remove ES dynamically, use RTP/TS
encapsulation, but that will only work if your ES are supported by TS.

If there's a bug, it's in the MP4 demux. I am not familiar with it though. It
might be that it needs to destroy/recreate the ES if the codec requires it.

http://www.remlab.net/