[vlc-devel] Filters in libvlc

Lukas Durfina lukas.durfina at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 17:09:21 CEST 2008

> You do have 2 alternatives:
>
> 1. by some mechanism be informed that a new vout has been created and
> restart filters
> or
> 2. save the filter settings in the config since a new vout will read
> and set filters as per the config.
>
> I don't know if it would make us design the API differently but it is
> important to design/name the new API with the idea of adding other
> filters later. What I mean is: we must consider what this API might
> look like if we add a bunch of other filters later on and if it will
> be manageable. Just something to keep in mind while designing.

Yes, I count with adding other filters, maybe I will
move code to single file for example video_filter.c to make
it more transparent, but I will wait for Pierre opinion.
But I am interesting about point 2, because
if I understand it right, then majority of my
today's work is needless. I see there were some configs,
but I dont know, how it exactly works,
I would appreciate some information from dionoea
(or someone else who understands it).
But if they store applied filters and after restarting
vout they apply filters again, then they do same as me
in libvlc :-/

Thanks,
   Lukas