[vlc-devel] build error with ffmpeg

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 05:20:44 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 7:27 PM, KH KH <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/24 hce <webmail.hce at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just downloaded vlc 0.8.6h source tarball and compiled in FC7:
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/home/work/Tools/VLC/Install
>> --with-mad=/home/work/VLC/libmad-0.15.1b/Install
>> --with-ffmpeg-tree=/home/work/Tools/VLC/ffmpeg/Install
>>
>> There was a configure: error: "Your FFmpeg library doesn't have the
>> needed img_resample() function. You should rebuild it with software
>> scaler disabled". I also svn ffmpeg and built the ffmpeg without
>> "--enable-swscale software scaler support [default=no]". The software
>> scaler was disabled, but why the vlc build still got that error? How
>> can I fix it?
> As it is told, you need to re-enable the deprecated img_resample
> functions by using --disable-swscale in a recent ffmpeg snapshot.

I tried ./configure --help in ffmpeg before I post here, it could not
find ffmpeg supported -disable-swscale. But anyway it worked with
-disable-swscale, that problem has been resolved.

The next, it had following errors in make:

/VLC/ffmpeg/libavformat/matroskadec.c:1023: undefined reference to
`BZ2_bzDecompressInit'
/VLC/ffmpeg/libavformat/matroskadec.c:1032: undefined reference to
`BZ2_bzDecompress'
/VLC/ffmpeg/libavformat/matroskadec.c:1035: undefined reference to
`BZ2_bzDecompressEnd'

What could be I missing?

> On the other hand, Fedora 7 is also deprecated since one month after
> Fedora 9 is out, so you can also consider to upgrade to a supported
> Fedora version where vlc 0.8.6h is available.Longer support is made
> available via CentOS (but no vlc pre-built package until rpmfusion.org
> is up)

Ok, I am going to install the latest version of CentOS 5.2, should
that version of CentOS 5.2 be supported by VLC?

Thanks Nicolas.

Kind Regards,

Jim