[vlc-devel] Switch to Git

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Sat Mar 1 15:18:26 CET 2008

Hello,

We'll be switching the VLC repository to Git this weekend (probably
saturday night european time). If I understood correctly the x264 devs
also agreed to switch to Git so we'll do it at the same time (unless
someone objects).

SVN write access will be disabled on the svn://svn.videolan.org/{vlc,x264}
repositories once we start the switch. We'll then sync the git repo.
Once that's done you'll be able to access the repos on
http://git.videolan.org (we have DNS issues at the moment so the DNS is
still wrong on one of our DNS servers). We'll keep the old SVN
repositories synced on the git ones for a while.

Devs should send us their ssh public keys to get access to the git repos.
Pierre sent an email a few weeks ago to explain the exact procedure.

I'll post an email when we start the switch and another one once it's
done.

Regards,

--
Antoine Cellerier