[vlc-devel] GSoC application (UPnP A/V integration)

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 17:55:45 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 11:55 +0100, Pedro Tumusok wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just a (l)user of VLC, but option 1 means that it will not be
> supported on other platforms than Linux right?
> If that is the case, I think you should atleast add that as another
> con on option 1.

I talked with Coherence developers a little while ago, and they told me
that it also works on FreeBSD MacOSX and MS Windows.

> Also for option 2, have you any idea, what kind of subset of features,
> that will be done by the end of SOC?

I think I can safely assume that the Media Server part or Media renderer
+ Control point can be done.

> And will you (or somebody else) continue work on it after SOC?

I will, but that's not to be taken into account in the scope of a GSoC
application.

> And does SOC stipulate that you need to finish by their deadline or
> have something working or similar?

Yes, I need to define a schedule and stick to it. Besides, devices don't
have to implement the whole stack of dlna UPnP A/V services.

> Sorry for the intrusion :)
You're welcome =)

--
Mirsal Ennaime